The Law Library charges the following fines for materials kept past their due date:
- 10¢/minute for a study room key
- 25¢/day for four week circulating items
- 50¢/day for one week circulating items
- 50¢/day for recalled four-week circulating items
- 50¢/hour for reserve items
Fines may be paid by check or cashier check (we do not accept cash).
Patrons are blocked if they have:
- $10.00 in fines for four week circulating items
- $50.00 in fines for one week circulating items
Three or more items overdue
Beginning the first full week the items are overdue, an overdue notice is sent to the patron. Two additional notices are sent at 14-day intervals if the items are still not returned.
If the items are not returned within one month of the due date, an invoice is sent to the patron. The invoice will list charges for replacement of the item and a $20.00 processing fee.
If the overdue item is not returned after the fourth and final notice, or if the overdue charge has not been paid by the end of the quarter or semester in which the item was borrowed, the patron's academic records will be blocked through the Registrar's Office.