The Applied Legal Experience, Research, & Technology (ALERT) Program is a non-credit program that provides students with additional opportunities outside of the College of Law’s curriculum to learn advanced legal research and technology skills.
By completing the ALERT Program, students can demonstrate to potential employers that they have obtained practice ready skills that will enable them to hit the ground running.
Levels of Completion
- With Distinction: Complete 6 Topics
- With High Distinction: Complete 8 Topics
- With Highest Distinction: Complete 10 Topics
Students will have their entire law school term to complete the program. None of the topics that count towards the completion level can be the same topic.
Completing a Topic
To complete a topic, students must meet the following criteria:
- Attend the session. Each session is approximately 50 minutes.
- Satisfactorily complete an assignment or quiz. This requires a score of 72 or above. Students will be able to redo assignments if they fail to achieve a 72.