Alumni borrowing is a service available only to graduates of Georgia State University. For $50.00 annually, alumni may borrow any circulating materials from GSU libraries. Alumni must request library borrowing privileges at the time of donation.
To obtain a donor card, go to either:
|Law School Alumni Development Office
6th Floor, Urban Life Building
|The Office of Annual Giving
One Park Place, Suite 742(404) 413-3400
Monday-Friday 8:30 – 5:15
Only materials that circulate can be borrowed and taken out of the Law Library. In general, circulating items are one one-volume books. Circulating materials do not include:
- all or parts of multi-volume sets (e.g., statutes, casebooks, or digests)
- materials on Reserve
- materials located in the Reference section
- materials stamped "library use only"
- microfiche or microfilm materials
- audiovisual materials
- materials from the Georgia collection
- Books will be loaned for 21 days (with the possibility of 2 renewals).
- Fines of 25 cents per day accumulate for overdue materials.
- Books not returned within 90 days after their due date will be considered “lost.” As such, the borrower will be billed for the replacement cost (or $100 if the cost of the material cannot be determined) plus a $20.00 processing fee.
- This card does not entitle the borrower to the use of GSU Law Library’s study or conference rooms or the computer lab.
- Patrons may borrow up to 5 books at a time. If a patron has 1 or more books overdue, borrowing privileges will be revoked until the books are returned and fines are paid.
- Interlibrary loan privileges are not included with the GSU card.
- Borrowing privileges will be revoked in the event of misuse.